Want to change the default password of your Linksys wireless range extender? Or perform firmware update? Do you want to hide the network name of your device?
If your answer to all these questions is a big yes, you need to access extender.linksys.com. What happened? Are you facing Linksys extender login issues? Oh no! That’s not good. But, fret not. Take the help of the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post and learn how to log in to your device in a hassle-free manner.
Fixed: Linksys Extender Login Issues
- Reboot Your Linksys Extender
Before you do anything else, reboot your Linksys wireless range extender. Here is how you can restart your wireless device:
- Disconnect your Linksys extender from the existing router.
- Power off your Linksys extender and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for some time.
- Then, plug your device back into the wall socket and power it on.
- Do remember to build a connection between your Linksys extender and router.
If even rebooting your device didn’t help you get rid of the Linksys extender login issues, keep reading.
- Verify the Ethernet Connection
Chances are that the connection between your Linksys wireless range extender and your router is not stable. Therefore, check the Ethernet cable connecting your devices. Is it damage-free? If not, it is advised that you get it replaced with a new one.
Or consider the alternative; connect your devices using a wireless source. Now, try to log in to your Linksys extender. Any luck?
- Avoid WiFi Interference
If you are still experiencing Linksys extender login issues, it might be because of WiFi interference. Have you placed your extender near transmitting appliances, electronic devices, metal objects, and reflexive surfaces?
Well, change the location of your Linksys extender right away and make sure that it is placed away things like cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, aluminum studs, etc. Also, avoid placing your extender near concrete walls or in corners.
- Update Firmware
Updating the firmware of your Linksys extender can also help you troubleshoot the Linksys extender login issues. In order to update your device, you need to access the Linksys WiFi extender setup page. Here’s how:
- Connect your Linksys wireless range extender to the existing router.
- Once a stable connection between your devices has been connected, switch on your WiFi-enabled device.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type the default web address of your device.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the Linksys extender login page.
- When prompted, fill in the default username and password and click Log In.
- Once you find yourself on the main dashboard, go to the Settings menu.
- Click on Maintenance.
- Select Firmware Update.
- And follow the on-screen instructions.
With that, you will successfully be able to perform Linksys extender firmware update.
Note: Access the Linksys router login page and follow the instructions mentioned above if you want to update the firmware of your home router.
- Reset Your Linksys Extender
If none of the aforementioned steps have worked for you so far, it is recommended that you reset your Linksys wireless range extender.
Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to reset your Linksys extender to the factory default settings:
- Find the Reset button located on your wireless device.
- Once found, take an oil pin and insert it in the Reset hole.
- Wait for a couple of seconds and let your device get restored.
Once you are done resetting your Linksys wireless extender, reconfigure it by referring to the guidelines given in the user manual.
Ta-da! We hope that after following the aforementioned troubleshooting tips, you will be able to log in to your Linksys wireless range extender with ease. Now, you can change the default password of your device, hide its network name, update firmware, and do pretty much anything that you want.