Netgear Orbi is a mesh WiFi system that lets users beat the dead zones in their homes. However, at times, many users have complained about their Netgear Orbi devices blinking magenta. If you are also struggling with the same issue, then we’ve got your back. In this article, we will provide you with different troubleshooting methods to fix the Netgear Orbi magenta light issue. So, don’t wait, and read on.
Netgear Orbi Magenta Light Issue [Solved]
Following are the troubleshooting tips that will help you get rid of the magenta light issue with your Orbi router:
Note: The troubleshooting tips mentioned in this article will also be helpful if you are struggling with the Netgear Orbi purple light issue.
1. Reboot Your Orbi Router
Start troubleshooting the Netgear Orbi magenta light issue by implementing the IT advice of all time. It states- If it not working, try switching it off and on. You read that right. It is time to reboot your Netgear Orbi router.
Give a read to the following instructions to reboot your Netgear Orbi router:
- Ensure that there is no wireless client device connected to your Orbi device’s network.
- Now, unplug your Netgear Orbi router from the electrical socket.
- Wait for some time and let your Netgear Orbi router stay idle.
Now, check if you are still struggling with the magenta light issue with the Netgear Orbi router. If you are, execute the next troubleshooting hack without any delay.
2. Check Wired Connection
You might be facing the Netgear Orbi magenta light issue due to the improper wired connection. So, pay attention to the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear Orbi router and the modem. Check whether it is free of cuts or not. If not, then consider replacing it with the help of a new one.
3. Relocate Your Orbi Router
Is your Netgear Orbi router hidden under a table or inside a cabinet? If the answer is yes, then you have spotted another reason that is forcing your Netgear Orbi to flash magenta. To get rid of the issue, relocate your Orbi router right away! Make sure that it is placed away from corners, concrete walls, mirrors, metal doors, aluminum studs, and objects emitting radio-wave frequencies.
4. Sync Your Orbi Router and Satellite
Perhaps, you forgot to sync your Orbi router and satellite due to which you are facing the magenta light issue. To get rid of the issue, sync your Orbi devices. To sync your Netgear Orbi router and satellite, press the Sync button on them, and see if it brings you success.
5. Update the Firmware
Do you regularly update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router? Probably not. Chances are that the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router has become outdated that has lead you to the issue you are currently facing. So, consider updating the firmware of your Orbi router to fix the issue at hand.
Given below are the instructions that will help you update the router’s firmware by accessing orbilogin.com:
- Launch a web browser on your PC and download the Orbi firmware file.
- Now, open a new tab, and type the default web address of the Netgear Orbi router into the URL field.
- Press the Enter key to reach the Netgear Orbi login page.
- Fill the default login credentials of your Netgear Orbi device into the given fields.
- Click Log In.
- The moment you reach the Netgear Genie dashboard, click the Settings tab.
- Navigate the cursor to the Maintenance section and select the Firmware Update option.
- Thereafter, browse the firmware file, click Upload after selecting it.
- Now, wait patiently till the firmware update process finishes.
Caution: Avoid performing any background activity on your PC during the firmware update process.
6. Reset Your Orbi Router
Tried all the aforementioned hacks and still no success? Don’t feel out of luck. You can still get the Netgear Orbi magenta light issue fixed. All you need to do is to perform factory default reset. It will delete all the personalized changes made to your Orbi device.
So, wait no more, and start finding the Reset button on your device. As soon as you find the Reset button, pick a sharp object, and use it to press the button. Your Netgear Orbi device will get restored to the factory default mode. Now, configure it by accessing the Netgear Orbi login page.
This was all about how to fix the magenta light issue with the Netgear Orbi router. Here’s to hope that you will be able to get rid of the Orbi magenta light issue with the help of the tips mentioned in this article.