4.4 C
Sunday, November 27, 2022

Follow The Student Visa 500 Checklist To Start Your Academic Career In Australia

Must read

Follow The Student Visa 500 Checklist To Start Your Academic Career In Australia

International students who come to Australia for higher education can enjoy numerous benefits. Besides pursuing a full-time course at their preferred Australian institute, they can work for 20 hours per week and stay in Australia for up to 5 years. Moreover, they can bring family members while holding the Student Visa Subclass 500. However, securing this visa requires completing all the visa procedures correctly and proper submission of necessary documents.

From identity documents to academic documents, the checklist is long. Several specific documents are required for students coming through special student programs. Go through this blog to know all the required documents you have to submit along with the application.

What Are The Visa Eligibility Requirements?

Meeting the following Student Visa 500 requirements will make you eligible for the visa.

  • Your age should be at least 6 years.
  • You have to collect your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) before applying.
  • If your age is under 18, you have to make necessary welfare arrangements.
  • Having English language skills is necessary.
  • You have to meet the necessary health and character requirements.

Where Can You Check The Document Checklist?

On the Department of Home Affairs website, you will find the ‘Document Checklist Tool.’ This tool will help you check the entire Student Visa 500 checklist. You have to enter your country of residence and the name of the education provider in Australia you have chosen to check what you will need to submit as evidence. If you have not chosen your education provider, you have to select the option ‘I have not decided on a provider yet.’ Note that this tool is updated twice a year, on 31 March and 30 September.

What documents do you have to submit to make a complete application?

If you want to fulfill your dream of building your academic career in Australia, make sure you have submitted all the documents according to the checklist, thus making a complete application. Your checklist should include the following documents.

Identity documents

First, you will need proper identity documents because, without them, the Department of Home Affairs refuses your visa application and may not grant you a visa for the next 10 years. Identity documents usually include:

  • Pages of your valid passport that contain your personal details, photo, and issue and expiry dates of the passport
  • A national id card
  • Name change proof, which may be a certificate of marriage or divorce or name change documents issued by a relevant authority

Documents related to proof of enrolment

For the Student Visa 500, you have to prove that your Australian educational institution has accepted you. Relevant documents will include:

Confirmation of Enrolment
All applicants applying outside or inside Australia have to provide the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for all courses they enrol in.

Letter of support
If the Australian Department of Defence or the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade sponsors you, a letter of support will be required.

Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Student form is required if you are a secondary exchange student.

Evidence that you have sufficient financial capacity

Yearly living costs for an international student in Australia are AUD21041. Therefore, to stay in Australia on your student visa, you must have adequate financial capacity. Documents may include:

  • Money deposits from a financial institution
  • Loans offered by a financial institution or the government
  • Scholarships or any other financial support
  • Parental income documents, if your parents sponsor you

Student health cover documents

Applicants and the family members included in the application must hold valid health insurance coverage to stay in Australia. Usually, international students and their family members should have the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), which may be organized by any insurance agent or your education provider.

  • If an agent arranges the health cover for you, you have to include the start and end dates of your policy, the name of the health insurance provider, and the policy number in the application.
  • If your education provider arranges it for you, you must include all the information the same as in the previous case, except the policy number.

Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) documents

Every Student Subclass 500 Visa applicant must prove that they are coming to Australia for study only and have no plans to settle down here. You have to give this confirmation in a written statement where you will need to include the reasons behind your decision to come to Australia for study. These reasons may include social and political situations in your country, better prospects of the course in Australia, etc.

English language requirements

As Australia is an English-speaking country, it will be important for every applicant to meet the English language requirement. You can show the result of a valid English language test as evidence. For example, if you take the IELTS, you have to score a minimum of 5.5 overall band score with 5 in each band. Note that this requirement is only for the Subclass 500 Visa. For your institute, this requirement may be different.

Documents of other applicants

Visa Subclass 500 allows the applicant to include their spouse or de facto partner and dependent children.

While including your partner or spouse, you have to submit:

  • Identity documents
  • Character documents
  • Marriage certificate, if married
  • Registered relationship documents, if in a de facto relationship
  • Documents that prove you are in a committed and continuing relationship

If you want to include dependent children, make sure they are under 18. In that case, the documents will include birth certificates, parental consent forms, etc. Children aged between 18 and 23 can also be included, but in that case, you have to prove that they are financially dependent on you or your partner.

Documents related to getting professional help

If you are taking application help from an immigration agent Adelaide, you must submit a filled-out Form 956.

Where can you find help?

Many top-ranked migration consultancies can provide you with the contact details of the best migration agent Adelaide. For any help, you may get in touch with them.

- Advertisement -spot_img

More articles


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest article