Isn’t annoying when the SSID of your Netgear WiFi range extender isn’t broadcasting on the list of available WiFi networks? If your answer to the mentioned question is yes, then ease out the worry lines from your forehead. We’ve got you covered! In this article, we have mentioned some topmost reasons why the Netgear_ext SSID isn’t broadcasting on the list of WiFi networks along with the solution to resolve the issue.
Netgear_Ext SSID Not Broadcasting. Why?
There can be an array of reasons why the WiFi network name of your Netgear WiFi range extender isn’t broadcasting.
- Issues from your service provider’s end
- WiFi connection is disabled
- Partial extender installation
- Outdated extender firmware
- Distance between your extender and router is too much
- Bad placement of the extender
- Interference of unknown WiFi networks
Fix: Netgear_Ext SSID Not Broadcasting
Have a Stable WiFi Connection
A spotty or weak WiFi connection is one of the topmost reasons why Netgear_ext SSID not broadcasting on the list of available WiFi networks. Therefore, ensure that your Netgear extender is connected to your existing router properly. If you have connected your router to the extender using an Ethernet cable, ensure that it is non-damaged. Doing so will somehow ensure that you have a stable and active internet connection.
Perform Netgear Extender Firmware
If your desktop or laptop consists of virus, spyware, or malware, then the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender may get corrupted. Thus, it is recommended – scan your PC or laptop once. To update the firmware of your Netgear extender – navigate to its official or access the setup wizard using mywifiext web address or 192.168.1.250 IP and follow the on-screen prompts.
Place Your Extender and Router Closer
Another reason why you are facing Netgear_ext SSID not broadcasting on the list of network list issue is because the distance between your router and extender is too much. So, ensure that you place your Netgear WiFi extender and router in close proximity. But, do not place them too closer. Doing so will clash their WiFi signals, resulting in the issue.
Enable WiFi Connection
There are chances that your WiFi connection is disabled due to which you are facing the issue. To cope up with the issue, all you need to do is to ensure that your WiFi connection is enabled. For this, do the following:
- Open the network adapter settings
- Right-click on SSID option
- Click on Enable option.
In this way, you will able to fix Netgear_Ext SSID not broadcasting on the list of available network issue.
Install Your Extender Properly
Another important thing that you can do in order to fix Netgear_ext SSID not broadcasting on the list of available networks in no time is to setup your Netgear extender properly. Chances are you have messed up with the Netgear extender setup process, due to which you are struggling with the issue.
- There should be a stable Ethernet connection between your extender and router.
- The web browser you are using to access mywifiext web address or 192.168.1.250 IP must not be outdated.
- There shouldn’t be any typos in mywifiext web address or 192.168.1.250 IP.
- The web address or the extender’s IP shouldn’t be entered in the browser’s search bar.
- Also, place your Netgear extender and router away from the reach of neighboring WiFi.
- Follow the correct configuration steps in exact given order.
- Refer to the Netgear extender manual or access the Genie setup wizard using mywifiext web address or 192.168.1.250 IP for complete step-by-step instructions.
Anticipating that the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this article have helped you out in getting rid of Netgear_ext SSID not broadcasting on the list of available WiFi networks? In the event that issue still persists, feel free to drop your concerns into the comments section.