Setting up a Netgear WiFi router could be a smart decision when it comes to enjoying seamless internet on all your devices. By configuring the Netgear WiFi device, you can stream videos, play online games, and surf the internet without any hassle. Best of all, with a Netgear router setup, you can bid farewell to no-WiFi zones in your home.
However, to complete the Netgear router configuration process, users first need to access the routerlogin web address. It is the default web address offered by the company to help users make the most of their Netgear routers. But, some users face issues while accessing the web address and reported that routerlogin.net is not working for them. If the same is the case with you, below is the breakdown of some troubleshooting tips to be followed for resolving the issue at hand. Here we go.
How to Fix Routerlogin.net Not Working Issue
- Netgear router not working issue can occur due to some technical glitches in the hardware of your device. Thus, check your router and confirm everything is fine when it comes to the hardware of the device.
- Reboot your router by unplugging it from its power socket for some time. This will help you fix the technical issues (if any) on your device. However, while rebooting your Netgear router, you need to disconnect your device from all the wired and wireless connections.
- Make sure that you have connected your Netgear router to the existing modem in a proper manner. If an Ethernet cable is being used for connecting both the devices, then it should be free of cuts.
- Confirm if you have plugged in your router to a working wall socket. Also, check for any loose wires or breakage in the power supply wire of your Netgear router.
- Make sure you are using an updated web browser to open the routerlogin web address, although you can choose between Google Chrome, Safari, or Mozilla Firefox. If your current web browser is not up-to-date, then either switch to a different web browser or update the one that is currently in use.
- Consider cleaning the browsing history of your web browser. If you still face issues while accessing routerlogin.net web address, delete the cache and cookies of your web browser.
- People often commit the mistake of typing routerlogin.net web address in the search bar of their web browsers. Therefore, make sure you are not committing the same mistake. The default web address needs to be entered in the address bar of your browser.
- Avoid doing any typing mistakes while entering the routerlogin.net web address into its respective field.
- If still you can’t access the Netgear router login page using the default web address, consider using the default IP address to see if it works for you.
- Try to change the placement of your Netgear router, especially if you have placed it in a corner, under a table, or inside a cabinet. It is always better to move the router to the central location of your home.
- To avoid getting routerlogin.net not working issue, place the router away from devices causing WiFi interference. To name a few, you can keep your router away from things like Bluetooth speakers, cellular phones, baby monitors, microwave ovens, refrigerators, fish tanks, aluminum studs, metal appliances, etc.
- Check whether the firmware of your Netgear WiFi router is up-to-date or not. If not, update the firmware of your device right away. You can update the firmware of your router via the Nighthawk app as the default web address is not working for you.
- Temporarily disable proxy apps, firewall software, or antivirus applications (if installed) on your computer and try accessing the default web address of your Netgear router.
- Resetting your Netgear router and configuring it again can also resolve the long-going issue. It helps in erasing all the customized settings of your WiFi router.
The above-mentioned tips can certainly help you fix the Netgear router web address not working issue. Let us know in the comments which trick worked for you when it comes to fixing your Netgear router not working issue. Your feedback is awaited!