Have to set up a Linksys Velop tri-band mesh router in your home? But, it looks like you are struggling to resolve an issue with your WiFi router. What happened? Is your Linksys Velop tri-band mesh router blinking red? If you’re nodding in yes, we understand what you’re endeavoring with. However, it is not a matter to sweat over because by implementing certain troubleshooting hacks, you will get rid of it. What are those hacks? Read more to know.
Resolved: Linksys Velop Red Light Issue
Hack 1: Start troubleshooting the issue by implementing the timeless IT advice that states- If it’s not working, try turning it off and on. Well, this is what you need to do with your Linksys Velop tri-band mesh WiFi router. If you still have no idea, what we are talking about, then here’s a one-word answer- Rebooting. You need to try rebooting as a first hack in order to get the red light issue fixed. So, unplug your router from the wall socket, wait for a while, and plug it back into the wall outlet. Now, check if the router light starts behaving normally. No? Hop up to the next troubleshooting hack.
Hack 2: Perhaps, the connection between your Linksys Velop mesh WiFi router and the host modem has become weak. So, cross-check the same. If you have used a wireless connection and placed your WiFi devices too far, then it is time to bring them closer. If you have connected them using an Ethernet cable, then check if it is free of cuts. If it is not, then replace it with a new one as soon as possible to get the issue fixed at hand.
Hack 3: The overall performance of your Linksys Velop tri-band mesh WiFi router depends on its firmware. If you keep ignoring firmware updates, there are high chances of your Linksys device falling to the red light issue. Also, updating the firmware will add new features to your WiFi device. If you are unaware of the process to update the router’s firmware, give a read to the following instructions to bring your router back on track:
- Connect your Linksys Velop to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, unlock your mobile phone, and launch the Linksys app.
- Use the Velop Linksys login details to reach the dashboard of the router.
- Tap the Menu icon and search for the Network Administration option.
- Although Automatic Firmware Update happens on your Linksys Velop router, however, if have turned off this feature, you will be notified when a new firmware is available.
- So, if you receive the notification regarding the firmware update, tap on the Update Now option.
- Your Linksys Velop tri-band mesh WiFi router will get upgraded.
Hack 4: Is your Linksys Velop router hiding under the table or inside an almirah? Or is it placed in an open place? If the first question has a vote, then you’ve figured out another reason behind the Linksys Velop blinking red. Thus, consider relocating your Velop router. Place the Velop router in an open place. If possible, choose the central location of your home.
Do not place the Velop Linksys router near corners, concrete walls, tracking devices, or any other device that uses Bluetooth. Keep in mind that devices that emit radio-waves can also mess up with your router’s WiFi signals. Thus, keep it away from such devices.
Hack 5: None of the aforementioned hacks bring you success? Don’t feel out of luck. Go for the factory default reset of your Linksys Velop router and configure it again. So, without any delay, find the Reset button on the router, and use a pin to press it. The device will get restored to factory default mode relieving you from the red light issue. Now, configure it from scratch.
Don’t know how to setup Linksys Velop? Follow these instructions:
- Unlock your mobile device and launch the Linksys app.
- Log in to your Linksys account and select your device from the list.
- Now, use the default login credentials of your Velop router to reach the dashboard.
- Once there, you will be prompted to follow certain instructions.
- Walk through the instructions and follow them to set up the Linksys Velop router.
Your Linksys Velop router is now ready to gear up your internet experience again.
Did you get success in fixing the red light issue with your Linksys Velop router? That bright smile on your face indicates that you did it. If yes, then we would like to congratulate you on getting rid of the issue.