Although candle boxes wholesale are available at most craft stores, you can save money by making your own.
The Following Are Five Simple Steps For Doing So.
- Decide on the size of the box that will best fit your candles. How long do you want it to be? How wide? You may choose to have multiple sizes if there are different kinds of candles you plan to sell. Candle boxes wholesale come in all shapes and sizes, but 8” X 3” is a good starting place for beginners because most 4-ounce votives only require about 2” X 1”. That being said, some people enjoy creating larger boxes for pillar candles or tapers with 7/8” diameter wicks since they burn longer than narrower candles.
- Once you have the dimensions, cut out cardboard pieces that match them exactly. Don’t forget to account for a half-inch border around each side and top of your box to glue the flaps down and keep your candle snug inside! You can use old cereal or tissue boxes, but a sturdy magazine or newspaper works just as well.
- To create the outside walls of the box, fold all four flaps inward so they meet in the middle and use strong craft adhesive such as Elmer’s Glue-All to secure them together on three sides (the bottom will remain open). Paint over this seam with silver or white acrylic paint; it will look like metal if you use metallic craft paint.
- Once the adhesive is dry, fold down both ends at a forty-five-degree angle and glue them together to form a triangle right in the centre of your candle’s bottom end. Allow it to dry thoroughly before moving on to step five.
- Flip the box over, so the flap with the triangle is toward you, and use hot glue or white Elmer’s glue stick adhesive to attach some fabric pieces across this middle part of the box. This will create a unique look for your candles, especially if you want colour contrast between sides that are visible when wrapped! Use string, ribbon, or even decorative paper scraps to achieve different effects.
While crafting may not be something one associates with making money, it doesn’t hurt to have various skills at your disposal. A beautiful candle box wholesale can be made in minutes and will really help you grow your home business.