Many Linksys router users are frustrated because the LED on their devices is blinking red. Are you going crazy because of the same issue? Well, worry not because we are here to assist you. In this article, we have mentioned some of the most effective troubleshooting tips that will help you get rid of the red light issue in a matter of minutes. So, wait no more, and continue reading this post.
Fixed: Linksys WiFi Router Blinking Red
Reboot Your Linksys Router
Technical glitches are one of the major reasons why you struggling with the Linksys router red light issue. To get rid of these glitches, you need to reboot your wireless device. Here is how you can do that:
- Disconnect your Linksys router from the existing modem.
- Power off your wireless device and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Thereafter, plug your router back into the wall socket and turn it on.
- Do not forget to reconnect your Linksys router to the existing modem.
After restarting your Linksys wireless router, check whether you are still experiencing the red light issue. Are you? If yes, keep reading.
Check the Power Supply
Chances are that your Linksys wireless router is not getting an adequate power supply from the wall outlet. That might be happening because the wall socket you are currently using is damaged.
To troubleshoot the issue, it is recommended that you do one of the following things:
- Get your current wall outlet fixed.
- Plug your Linksys wireless router into another wall socket.
Do you still need help to resolve the Linksys router red light issue? Well, in that case, take the help of the next troubleshooting step.
Verify the Ethernet Connection
If the Ethernet cable connecting your Linksys wireless router and the existing modem is worn out from anywhere, then also you can face the red light issue.
Therefore, either tap up the Ethernet cable you are using right now or consider replacing it with a new one. Or, connect your devices using a wireless source.
Connect Your Internet Service Provider
A weak internet connection has can also lead you to the Linksys router red light issue. There is a possibility that there is some issue from the end of your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
To confirm the same, it is advised that you reach out to your ISP. Does he agree that the issue is from his end? If he does, ask him to get it fixed so that you can go back to enjoying a blazing-fast internet connection on your WiFi-enabled devices.
Perform Linksys Firmware Update
You can update the firmware of your Linksys wireless router to fix the red light issue. If you are not sure about how to update your device, follow the guidelines mentioned below:
- Connect your Linksys router to the existing modem.
- Download the latest firmware version.
- Switch on your computer or laptop.
- Launch a web browser.
- In the address of the browser, type the default web address or IP address.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the Linksys router login page.
- When prompted, input the Linksys router default password and username of your Linksys router.
- Click Log In.
- Once you are on the main dashboard, click Administration > Firmware Update.
- Click the Browse button.
- Choose File > Open.
- Select Start Upgrade.
- In some time, the firmware of your Linksys wireless router will get updated to the latest version.
Reset Your Linksys Router
If even after following the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post, you are not able to get rid of the Linksys router red light issue, it is recommended that you perform factory default reset.
Follow the instructions given below and get to know how to reset your wireless device:
- Look for the Reset button on your Linksys wireless router.
- Grab an oil pin and carefully insert it in the Reset hole.
- Wait for some time.
In this way, you will be able to restore your Linksys wireless router to the default factory mode.
Note: If you also facing the red light issue with your Linksys wireless range extender, consider performing Linksys extender reset to get rid of it.
This was all about the troubleshooting tips to get rid of the Linksys router red light issue. We hope that they helped you in fixing the issue you were facing with your wireless device. If to your knowledge, there is any other way through which you can resolve the red light issue, do us know via the comment section.
Read More:- Reset linksys range extender