It is generally seen that a user can Encounter QuickBooks license issues after clone. This may occur because of the damaged entitlement file which contains the registration data of the application. The error can hinder your performance because you won’t be able to work on the application anymore. So, it is crucial to get rid of the issue as soon as possible. Check out in detail about license errors in QuickBooks in this article.
Factors Leading to Quickbooks License Error
To resolve the error, one must be aware of the reasons for which they may face the QuickBooks license error after clone. Below we listed all the reasons which may lead to the issue.
- You are using an outdated version of the QuickBooks application.
- There may be some pending updates available for Windows operating system.
- Also, you may not have saved the QBO file and imported it without saving the file.
- Other third-party security applications may be interrupting the process of the QuickBooks application.
- Windows components like MSXML are corrupted or damaged.
Other Common Issues Encountered After Cloning
So, after cloning the QuickBooks application, you may not only encounter a QuickBooks license error but you will also encounter some other issues. This will affect both efficiency and operations of the Quickbooks application. Here is a list of other issues you may encounter after cloning.
- QuickBooks error code 3371
- Sync licensed data online is disabled.
- Errors while Registering QuickBooks.
- Online banking issues in Quickbooks.
- Unable to open the required company file.
Point to Keep in Mind Before Resolving Issue
Now, there are some points that you will have to keep in mind before you proceed with resolving license errors in Quickbooks. These preliminary steps may help you resolve the issue faster and avoid complications.
- Ensure that you have noted down the valid license key of the software. To know the credibility of the license key, you can talk to the support team.
- Make sure to keep a backup of your Quickbooks company file before you proceed with any troubleshooting steps.
- Next, you will have to start the QuickBooks file doctor tool on the system to fix issues with your application and the company file.
- In the end, make sure that you are using the latest version of the QuickBooks application on the system.
Troubleshoot Quickbooks License Error After Clone with These Methods
Finally, we have come to the main part of this article. Here are the troubleshooting methods to resolve the Quickbooks license error after clone.
Method 1: Removing Entitlement File
The entitlement file is present in the entitlement folder on your system. It contains the necessary data for the registration of the application. Off the chance this entitlement file gets corrupted, you can encounter the licence issue. So, you need to delete it and register on the application again to fix the issue. Check out the steps below.
- To start with, open the task manager on the system by pressing the ALT key, CTRL key and DEL key together.
- You will then have to choose the processes tab on the task manager and then look for QBW32. Exe process. Click on it and then choose to end the process.
- In the confirmation window, click on yes.
- When done, you will have to open the Run window by pressing the Windows and R keys together. You will then have to type: C:\ Program Data\ Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8.
- After this, you will have to look for the file with the ecml extension and delete it from the system.
- You will then have to close all the windows.
- When done, start the QuickBooks application.
- You will now have to register on the QuickBooks application again. When you will register, the entitlement file will be created.
Method 2: Ensure Operating System is Up To Date
As we have mentioned, one of the common reasons for which you may encounter a QuickBooks License after clone is the outdated version of the operating system. So, to fix it, you need to make sure that you have downloaded and installed all the latest updates of your operating system. Here is how to update the operating system.
- First, you will have to tap on the start icon on the screen.
- In the search bar, type windows update.
- You will then have to click on the option to check updates.
- It will then take some time to look for the updates.
- When done, you will have to click on the download and install button.
- Now, wait for the installation to complete.
- On completion, you will have to start your system again.
- Now, start QuickBooks and check if you face the same issue.
Method 3: Run QuickBooks Tool Hub
QuickBooks tool hub can be used to get rid of almost all the QuickBooks errors. The tool is easy to use and is available on the official website for free. Below we have listed all the steps to fix license errors using the tool hub.
- For this, close the QuickBooks application on the system.
- You will now have to open your browser and download the QuickBooks tool hub on the system.
- Install the application by following all the instructions appearing on the screen.
- Also, agree to the license agreement to proceed with the process.
- When done, you will have to click on the icon of the tool hub.
- Click on the company file issues tab and then choose to start the file doctor tool.
- The tool will take some time to load. When done, choose the file that you wish to scan. Choose the type of error and the system that you are using.
- Click on the scan option. It will then detect and fix issues.
This was a comprehensive troubleshooting guide to fix the license error after clone in QuickBooks. We hope that this guide will help you.